Avilla Christmas Charities has been raising funds throughout the year and is working on additional activities, such as a hat and glove drive and food and toy drives, as well as the Annual Christmas Benefit Turkey Dinner, which will be held on Sunday, November 3rd at the St. James Restaurant, to be able to help provide a joyful and happy Christmas to children and families in the Avilla and LaOtto area.
For those who feel they may qualify as a recipient and want to apply, requirements are as follows:
- Must live in Avilla or LaOtto
- Must qualify as low-income per Indiana state guidelines
- Must submit a signed and completed application by November 1st
Applications are available at the Town Hall, as well as online at ChamberOfAvilla.org, OurHometown.News, and Avilla-In.org.
All applications are to be submitted by dropping them off at the Town Hall during normal business hours or by mailing them to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. box 614, Avilla (applications must be postmarked by November 1st). Please direct your questions to the Avilla Chamber by calling 260-242-4898 or email the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to help this year’s applicants through Avilla Christmas Charities:
- Monetary donations can be mailed to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. box 614, Avilla, IN 46710, or dropped off at the Avilla Town Hall at 108 South Main Street. Please make checks payable to “Avilla Christmas Charities”.
- The Noble County Public Library – Avilla will be accepting donations of hats, gloves, scarves, socks, toys, and non-perishable food items.
- Donation of items to sell to raise funds can be donated by calling the Avilla Chamber Of Commerce at 260-242-4898. Items will be reviewed and accepted on a case by case basis.
- Adopt a family – Call the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at 260-242-4898.
- Purchase hats, gloves, scarves, toys, and non-perishable food and donate in-store at Parkers Outlet Center (134 Green Drive), Dollar General (704 East Albion Street), and Lassus Handy Dandy (245 North Main Street).
- Donation boxes will be in place mid-October through December 2nd. More donation locations may be added soon. The Avilla Chamber of Commerce accepts monetary donations and items to be sold to raise funds at any time throughout the year. Absolutely 100% of the items donated and funds raised go to helping families in need during the Christmas Season in the Avilla and LaOtto areas.