Avilla Christmas Charities, which is a group of volunteers from the Avilla Chamber membership and from the churches of St. Mary of Assumption, Immanuel Lutheran and Avilla United Methodist, have been raising funds throughout the year and are working on additional activities, such as a hat and glove drive and food and toy drives, as well as the Annual Christmas Benefit Turkey Dinner, which will be held on Sunday, November 4th at the St. James Restaurant, to be able to help provide a joyful and happy Christmas to children and families in the Avilla and LaOtto area.
See if you may qualify as a recipient and download an application here.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Monetary donations can be mailed to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. Box 614, Avilla, IN 46710, or dropped off at the Avilla Town Hall at 108 South Main Street. Please make checks payable to “Avilla Christmas Charities”.
- The Noble County Public Library-Avilla will be accepting donations of hats, gloves, scarves, socks, toys, and nonperishable food items.
- Donation of items to sell to raise funds can be donated by calling the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at 260-242-4898.
- Items will be reviewed and accepted on a case by case basis.
- Adopt a family – Call the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at 260-242-4898 or contact St. Mary of Assumption Church, Immanuel Lutheran Church or Calvary United Methodist Church.
- Purchase hats, gloves, toys, and non-perishable food and donate in-store at Dollar General (704 East Albion Street), Lassus Handy Dandy (245 North Main Street) and Parkers Outlet Center (134 Green Drive, Suite A). Donation boxes will be in place starting October 15th through December 2nd. More donation locations may be added soon.
The Avilla Chamber of Commerce accepts monetary donations and items to be sold to raise funds at any time throughout the year. Absolutely 100% of the items donated and funds raised go to helping families in need during the Christmas season in the Avilla and LaOtto areas.