Avilla Christmas Charities, which is a group of volunteers from the Avilla Chamber membership and from the churches of St. Mary of the Assumption, Immanuel Lutheran, and Avilla Calvary United Methodist, have been raising funds throughout the year and are working on additional activities, such as a hat and glove drive and food and toy drives, as well as the Annual Christmas Benefit Turkey Dinner, which will be held on Sunday, November 1st, as a carryout meal at the St. James Restaurant, to be able to help provide a joyful and happy Christmas to children and families in the Avilla and LaOtto area.
All applications are reviewed so that we may better verify applicants and better serve families who are in need of assistance.
The deadline for submitting an application (postmarked by date) is November 1st. If you submit an application, you will be contacted to let you know the status of your application and will be contacted about delivery/pick-up information.
Download an application here. We’re sorry, the application deadline date and item donation dates have passed for 2020.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE DECLINED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
- Incomplete information.
- Not listing all sources of income including income from a business owned.
- Not listing all residents of the household
- Not listing all dependents and children that you do not have legal custody of
- Having income above the State of Indiana’s low-income guidelines.
- Falsifying information.
- Not living in Avilla, IN or LaOtto, IN.
- Not submitting the application and all information by the deadline or postmarked by the date specified.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Donations will be accepted now through November 30th
- MONETARY DONATIONS
- Give your spare change at Lassus Handy Dandy, 245 North Main Street, or at Avilla Liquors, 109 Ryan Drive.
- Mail your donation to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. Box 614, Avilla, IN 46710.*
- Drop off your donation at the Avilla Town Hall at 108 South Main Street.*
- Donate securely online, anytime, by clicking on the Christmas tree image at the bottom of the page (you do NOT need a Paypal account or need to sign up for one to give with your credit or debit accounts).
*Please make checks payable to “Avilla Christmas Charities”.
- GIFT DONATIONS Give hats, gloves, scarves, socks, toys, and nonperishable food items at Noble County Public Library-Avilla, 104 Ley Street, Farmers and Merchants Bank, 6464 Merchants Drive, LaOtto, Dollar General, 704 East Albion Street, Lassus Handy Dandy, 245 North Main Street, and Parkers Outlet Center, 134 Green Drive, Suite A.
The Avilla Chamber of Commerce, a 501 (c ) 6 non-profit organization, accepts monetary donations and items to be sold to raise funds at any time throughout the year. Absolutely 100% of the items donated and funds raised go to helping families in need during the Christmas season in the Avilla and LaOtto areas.
Give online, anytime, any day securely by clicking below.