Avilla Christmas Charities, which is a group of volunteers from the Avilla Chamber membership and from the churches of St. Mary of Assumption, Immanuel Lutheran and Avilla United Methodist, have been raising funds throughout the year and are working on additional activities, such as a hat and glove drive and food and toy drives, as well as the Annual Christmas Benefit Turkey Dinner, which will be held on Sunday, November 4th at the St. James Restaurant, to be able to help provide a joyful and happy Christmas to children and families in the Avilla and LaOtto area.
The 2019 application process is currently being reviewed so that we may better verify applicants and better serve families who are in need of assistance.
The deadline for submitting an application (postmarked by date) was November 16th. If you submitted an application, you will be contacted to let you know the status of your application and will be contacted about delivery/pick-up information.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE DECLINED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
- Incomplete information.
- Not listing all sources of income including income from a business owned.
- Not listing all residents of the household
- Not listing all dependents and children that you do not have legal custody of
- Having income above the State of Indiana’s low-income guidelines.
- Falsifying information.
- Not living in Avilla, IN or LaOtto, IN.
- Not submitting the application and all information by the deadline or postmarked by date specified.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Monetary donations can be mailed to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. Box 614, Avilla, IN 46710, or dropped off at the Avilla Town Hall at 108 South Main Street. Please make checks payable to “Avilla Christmas Charities”.
- The Noble County Public Library-Avilla will be accepting donations of hats, gloves, scarves, socks, toys, and nonperishable food items.
- Donation of items to sell to raise funds can be donated by calling the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at 260-242-4898.
- Items will be reviewed and accepted on a case by case basis.
- Adopt a family – Call the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at 260-242-4898 or contact St. Mary of Assumption Church, Immanuel Lutheran Church or Calvary United Methodist Church.
- Purchase hats, gloves, toys, and non-perishable food and donate in-store at Dollar General (704 East Albion Street), Lassus Handy Dandy (245 North Main Street) and Parkers Outlet Center (134 Green Drive, Suite A). Donation boxes will be in place starting October 15th through December 2nd. Donate change at Avilla Liquors (109 Ryan Drive).
The Avilla Chamber of Commerce, a 501 (c ) 6 non-profit organization, accepts monetary donations and items to be sold to raise funds at any time throughout the year. Absolutely 100% of the items donated and funds raised go to helping families in need during the Christmas season in the Avilla and LaOtto areas.