Avilla Christmas Charities, which is a group of volunteers from the Avilla Chamber membership and from the churches of St. Mary of the Assumption, Immanuel Lutheran, and Avilla Calvary United Methodist. This group works as a Christmas bureau and raises funds throughout the year and with the help of local businesses and groups, collect much needed items such as a hats, gloves, food, and toys to be able to help provide a joyful and happy Christmas to children and families in the Avilla and LaOtto community. The first Sunday each November, we co-coordinate the Annual Christmas Benefit Turkey Dinner at the St. James.
All applications are reviewed so that we may better verify applicants and better serve families who are in need of assistance.
The deadline for submitting an application (postmarked by date) is November 1st, 2021. If you submit an application, you will be contacted to let you know the status of your application and will be contacted about delivery/pick-up information.
Applications are currently not being accepted. Please check back in October 2022.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE DECLINED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
- Incomplete information.
- Not listing all sources of income including income from a business owned.
- Not listing all residents of the household
- Not listing all dependents and children that you do not have legal custody of
- Having income above the State of Indiana’s low-income guidelines.
- Falsifying information.
- Not living in Avilla, IN or LaOtto, IN.
- Not submitting the application and all information by the deadline or postmarked by the date specified.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Donations will be accepted now through November 30th
- MONETARY DONATIONS
- Give your spare change at Lassus Handy Dandy, 245 North Main Street, Avilla or at Avilla Liquors, 109 Ryan Drive, Avilla.
- Mail your donation to the Avilla Chamber of Commerce at P.O. Box 614, Avilla, IN 46710.*
- Drop off your donation at the Avilla Town Hall at 108 South Main Street, Avilla or at Farmers & Merchants Bank, 6464 Merchants Drive, LaOtto.*
- Donate securely online, anytime, by clicking on the Christmas tree image at the bottom of the page (you do NOT need a Paypal account or need to sign up for one to give with your credit or debit accounts).
*Please make checks payable to “Avilla Christmas Charities”.
- GIFT DONATIONS Give hats, gloves, scarves, and socks at Noble County Public Library-Avilla, 104 Ley Street, Avilla, Farmers and Merchants Bank, 6464 Merchants Drive, LaOtto, purchase and donate at Lassus Handy Dandy, 245 North Main Street, Avilla, and purchase and donate at Parkers Outlet Center, 134 Green Drive, Suite A, Avilla.
- Give toys and non-perishable food at at Noble County Public Library-Avilla, 104 Ley Street, Avilla, Farmers and Merchants Bank, 6464 Merchants Drive, LaOtto, and purchase and donate at Lassus Handy Dandy, 245 North Main Street, Avilla.
The Avilla Chamber of Commerce, a 501 (c ) 6 non-profit organization, accepts monetary donations and items to be sold to raise funds at any time throughout the year. Absolutely 100% of the items donated and funds raised go to helping families in need during the Christmas season in the Avilla and LaOtto areas.
Give online, anytime, any day securely by clicking below.