September 24, 2020 – Indiana Back On Track Re-Opening Stage 5 Executive Orders have been released. Read them here.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE: Stage 4.5 – On July 1st, Governor Eric Holcomb announced that Indiana’s Back On Track plan is moving to Stage 4.5 instead of Stage 5, due to an uptick in COVID-19 cases.
So what are the current guidelines?
- Outdoor visitation must resume July 4 at assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
- Indoor visitations at assisted living facilities and nursing homes MAY resume on July 4. Facilities not allowing indoor visits must have a plan for indoor visitation by Stage 5.
- Hospital Visitations encouraged with precautions.
- Social gatherings of 250 people may take place following the CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Hoosiers 65 years old and over with high-risk health conditions should limit exposure in their communities.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that residents wear face coverings in public settings.
- There are no travel restrictions in place.
What is allowed/re-opening in Stage 4.5?
- K-12 school operations may begin the 2020-21 academic year on July 1; Extra-Curricular, co-curricular activities may resume July 6.
- Festivals, fairs, and parades may open with restrictions.
- Personal services, gyms, fitness centers, and other workout facilities can continue operations with restrictions.
- Restaurants dining room service may be open at 75% capacity while maintaining social distancing.
- Bar Seating in restaurants may operate at 50% capacity while maintaining social distancing. Bars and nightclubs will open to 50% capacity while maintaining social distancing.
- Retail stores will open at full capacity.
- Cultural, entertainment, and tourism sites (amusement parks/water parks will open at 50% capacity. Reservations are encouraged to limit the number of customers at any one time).
- Movie theaters and bowling alleys will open at 50% capacity while maintaining social distancing.
- Public playgrounds, community tennis, and basketball courts, soccer and baseball fields, and similar facilities may resume.
- Amusement parks and water parks may open at 50% capacity. A reservation system is recommended.
- Campgrounds may be open with social distancing limitations.
- Outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, boating, birding, hunting, and bicycle riding are permitted.